S.S.K.ENGINEERING WORKS (INDIA) PVT. LTD was established in 1987 as a partnership firm by three partners having wide and varied experience in the ship-repair industry. Initially, the firm undertook ship-repair jobs as a sub-contractor to other well established ship-repair firms. Gradually, a dedicated work force of skilled and semi-skilled workman was built up to the present state, where are about 150 permanent employees on the firm’s rolls.
About S.S.K Engineering Works (INDIA) PVT. LTD
Mr. Vinayak Baburao Kale was born in a small village named Kalewadi in Khatav Taluka in a farmers family. In 1986 he established his own ship repair company named S.S.K.Engineering Works.
Recent Projects Include
- Removal & refit jetty fenders (18 Tons) at Petronet LNG Ltd. Dahej, Gujrat.
- Overhauling of Azimuth Thrusters & Bow Thrusters of OSV’s at Hughes Dry Dock Mumbai.
- Fabrication & Installation of Exhaust Gas Economizer Elements of Tankers at Mumbai,Colombo Dry Dock Ltd., Sri Lanka & Bahrain.
- Re-tubing of Aux Boiler of Tankers during sailing.
- Fabrication & Installation of crane jibs (SWL 5 Ton to 15 Tons capacity).
- Repair of shell side and internal contact damage plates under class society.
- Repair of complete vessel on Turn-Key basis at Port Blair, Andaman Nicobar Island, India.
Services of S.S.K. engineering works(INDIA) PVT. LTD
We use our own facilities for all types of fabrication, overhauling of engines,
machining jobs, hydro pressure testing and special tools etc. In addition to
employing a core team of specialist staff, we also have the capability to recruit
and successfully manage increased staff numbers for specific large projects. An
extensive range of workshop machineries and tools are available to our workers
to assist them in undertaking their work both effectively and efficiently.
SSK engineering works (India) Pvt. Ltd. Quality management system upgraded from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015 and certification there of.
- Started facility of thickness gauging under class.
One of tanker contact damaged below the underwater line, same job carried out under class within the time frame at Mumbai Anchorage Appx.
- 35 Tons steel also carried out fabrication & installation of exhaust gas economizer coils at Colombo dry dock and Bahrain dry dock.
- One of Bulk carrier vessel contact damage near accommodation same job carried out during sailing period by our sailing squad under class.
- One of offshore supply vessel’s Azimuth thrusters & Bow thrusters overhauled at Mumbai dry dock.
One of passenger vessel refit work carried out within the time frame
under class at Port Blair dry dock.
- Company Received Certificate of –
NSIC: (The National Small Industries Corporation Limited) &
MSME: (Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises)
One of Bulk carrier vessel’s 15 Tons capacity crane jib partially renewed
under class at Bhavnagar Anchorage, Gujarat also load test carried out.
- Jetty fenders (18 Tons) replacement carried out at Dahej, Gujarat by using floating crane and tug boat before time.